Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finally Here!

So.. a few days ago I finally arrived in Israel. It is hot... and Humid. I really can't wait until the end of September. But Anyhoo, It is such an amazing city! It is beautiful and wonderful. And incredibly complicated. I was speaking with a missionary here today and she was telling me how incredible spiritual battles are here. It is just so prevalent. When I say spiritual battles I am referring to the battles against spirits, principalities, etc... not of flesh. It is so easy for people to get what they call "Jerusalem Fever". People come to the Holy Land expecting so much. They come thinking they will become great prophets, they come thinking they will be amazing spiritual leaders. The problem with this, however, is not realizing that they have grown a spirit of religiosity. They lose their humility. There is so much religiosity confined in one area, it is overwhelming. So many rules, so many laws, so many prejudices. The other spiritual battle that is here is the spirit of division. Because of the prejudice here, there is incredible division. It is so sad.

Well, I will write again soon! God bless!

No comments: