Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation messes with your calendar...


So... the fourth day was not Izmir... it was Marmaris, Turkey... lol... We took a ferry over to Rhodes, Greece and saw the temple of Zues... a fortress from the crusade knights... and just walked around the city. It was a vacation spot for sure! The beaches were packed and the water a crystal clear blue... absolutely gorgeous! I very much enjoyed it!

Anyhoo... the sixth day was Istanbul! By far my favorite spot so far! Istanbul was amazing! I loved shopping in the Bazaar and going into the old buildings! I have a funny story that must prefaced in order to get it.... or perhaps it might not be funny... i dont know... lol... so people have probably asked Dad and I if we were married like 8 or 9 times since we have been on the cruise. And it has become kind of a joke between us... so while we were in th Bazaar a Turkish man asked if we were married and then asked if I was his daughter... and Dad yelled "you win!" but while dad said that at the exact moment the Turkish man asked if he could marry me... Huge miscommunication! So needless to say, we left quickly.

Anyhoo... today is a sea day and we are cruisin once more... I will write again in a few days! :)

No comments: