Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This morning..


I have been making a real effort to get out on my own to feel a little more independent and free. This morning I woke up around seven, had breakfast, and walked to the Dormition Abbey. When I got there I went down into the crypt, which has incredible acoustics, and sang for a little bit. Then I made my way to the coffee shop and ordered a hot cocoa and sat down in the outdoor seating area and did some homework. Afterward I got up and went back into the sanctuary to read the book of 1 Kings. It was amazing to be able to read the book and visualize everything that was happening because of the places I had seen. It was absolutely incredible! I loved it!

I am so excited to come home in 3 1/2 weeks to Christmas music, family, and familiarity. It will be nice to be able to hop in my car and go for a drive. It will be glorious!

No comments: