Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Amazing People....


So, I have talked a lot about what things I have done and seen, but little about the people I have met! I have made some incredible friends and am excited about the amazing professors that I have!

Yesterday, Megan (one of my room mates) and I went to the Arab Quarter of the Old City to do buy these dresses that we say a few days earlier! SO CUTE!!!!!!! They were only 30 Shekels which comes out to be about $9... and they are two of the cutest dresses anyone has ever seen.... ever... really. I will post a picture of them soon! Megan and I had such a good time going through the city and I really enjoyed hanging out with her. We have had incredible conversations about God and Jesus and life. It is so good to finally have someone to talk to about all of that again.

My other room mate, Laura is an amazing girl, as well! She is so sweet and I have totally enjoyed her friendship. The other day we had amazing conversations about faith and trust. It was wonderful!

As for professors, they are absolutely wonderful! I am excited for my Archaeology class to start this Friday. My Archaeology professor is Gabriel Barkay. He is the Archaeologist that was able to take remnants of the Temple Mount and interpret some of the findings! How insane is that! So Cool! He is a well known Biblical Archaeologist here in Israel and I am so excited that he is my textbook! Thats totally rad!

My Hebrew professor is Dr. Revelson. He is from Ohio, but moved here to Jerusalem to study Judaism and is Jewish. He cracks me up and I am so excited to be able to learn from him!

My Physical Settings Professor is Cindy Parker. She is one incredible woman! Her passion for God and the land of the Bible is infectious. I love learning from her!

Lastly, my Gospel of Matthew Professor is Akiva Cohen. He is a Messianic Jew from Canada who's knowledge and passion astounds me. I am learning so much in his class!

Well, those are just a few of the amazing people I have met so far. I will tell you more as the semester goes on. Smiles and Blessings to you all! :)

No comments: